½ cup dairy-free margarine
½ cup raw sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cup plain flour
½ cup cocoa
¼ cup soy milk or other dairy-free milk
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp salt
½ cup dairy-free choc chips (optional)
½ cup crushed pecans or other nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C and grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3. In a large microwave safe bowl, add the dairy-free margarine and melt in microwave for about 30-45 seconds until melted. Stir well and then add the banana, vanilla and soy milk.
4. Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir well. The mixture will be VERY dry, but not to worry keep mixing! Now fold in your optional mix-ins.
5. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
6. Store in air-tight container for up to 3-4 days.